- Who We Are
- One Team One Planet
- News & Media Center
Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit Tire Wins Original Equipment Fitment
Tire wins top rank in industry testing, now OE option on all-new 2011 Dodge Charger Pursuit
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (April 29, 2011) – Chrysler Group LLC has awarded the Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit tire as an original equipment fitment for the ready-for-duty 2011 Dodge Charger Pursuit.
The Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit is specifically designed for law enforcement use, which combines wet and dry handling with an emphasis on quick steering response. The tire was awarded the No. 1 rating from Police Fleet Manager magazine in 2009.
“We were incredibly excited about the Firehawk GT Pursuit’s showing in the Police Fleet Manager tests in 2009 and now to be awarded an original equipment fitment on the all-new 2011 Dodge Charger Pursuit reaffirms our belief in the versatility and industry-leading performance of this tire, even under the most demanding circumstances,” said Michael Martini, President, Original Equipment, U.S. and Canada Consumer Tire Sales Division, BATO.
In testing conducted by the Police Fleet Manager the Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit tire was rated the best overall tire, as well as earning top spot for overall wet-oriented performance.
The Firehawk GT Pursuit tire for the 2011 Dodge Charger Pursuit is a P225/60R18 with a W-speed rating. Three key technologies help give this tire an edge in the market:
- High Silica tread compound – enhances traction and breaking on wet roads that translates to improved cornering which means more confident handling.
- Veri-Pitch technology – the random pattern of the tread blocks, resulting from applying Veri-Pitch technology, results in a reduction of noise.
- Asymmetric tread pattern – a cut-up block and groove design on the inside edge of the tread pattern channels water to increase the grip surface for enhanced all-season capability
The Firehawk GT Pursuit was tested at the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, which is a highly recognized certification and testing agency for pursuit tires.
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations currently has 4,000 government supply points across the U.S. and Canada.
- Read the entire article from Police Fleet Manager, including test data, please reference: www.batogovtires.com/Firehawk.htm
- Learn more about the Firestone Firehawk GT Pursuit and see complete list of sizes available www.firestonetire.com/tires/firehawk/firehawk-gt-pursuit.html