PERFIL DE LA EMPRESA
- A qué nos dedicamos
- Un Equipo único, un único Planeta
- Noticas y medios de comunicación
- Legado Firestone
Firestone FR380 and LeMans Champion SE Field Action FAQ
1. What are you announcing today?
We are initiating a voluntary field action in the United States and Canada to replace 135,310 Firestone FR380 tires and 26,941 LeMans Champion SE tires (all subject tires are size P235/75 R15) that were produced at the Bridgestone Firestone de Costa Rica, S.A. plant during a specific time period in 2006 and 2007. Although no property damage claims, accidents or injuries have been reported with respect to the tires, they don’t meet our internal standards. Specifically, these tires were produced with insufficient tread base gauge. Continued use of these tires may lead to vibration and groove cracking. We are committed to quality and focused on safety and want to urge consumers to get these tires replaced free of charge.
2. What tires are affected?
This field action affects the following tires produced at Bridgestone Firestone
de Costa Rica, S.A.:
- Roughly 135,000 Firestone FR380 tires size P235/75 R15 These tires were produced from June 4, 2006, thru the week ending Sept. 8, 2007.
- 26,941 LeMans Champion SE tires size P235/75 R15. These tires were produced during a four-month period from June 4, 2006, thru the week ending Sept. 2, 2006. (not sold in Canada)
3. What should consumers do who have these tires?
Consumers in the United States can receive free replacement tires through any participating independent Firestone tire dealer or company-owned stores (Firestone Complete Auto Care, ExpertTire, Tires Plus, Hibdon Tires Plus and Wheel Works). The stores will replace with new tires any tire (including the spare tire) of the line and size covered by this field action. Firestone retailers will also mount and balance the replacement tires for free. Consumers in Canada can take their Firestone FR380 tires that are subject to this recall to any independent Firestone tire dealer to get their tires replaced free of charge. Consumers seeking more information can go to www.firestonetire.com. The LeMans Champion SE tires were not sold in Canada.
4. Where can I get more information on this field action and when will this field action end?
Consumers can find information on our Web site (www.firestonetire.com) or they can call our toll-free consumer hotline (1-800-465-1904). Consumers in the United States can visit any of our approximately 2,000 company-owned stores across the U.S. This field action will end on March 31, 2009, so it is important that consumers who have these tires on their vehicle get the tires replaced as soon as possible.